The Primary Care Respiratory Society (PCRS) Annual Flagship conference goes virtual for the first time in its 20-year history. Held on 25th and 26th September 2020 it will feature a conference programme and exhibition packed with expert speakers and covering a wide range of topics including the latest advice and best practice on COVID-19.
Conference sessions will look at COVID-19, greener healthcare, diagnosing asthma in children, severe asthma, how to assess the acutely breathless patient, pulmonary rehabilitation, cognitive behaviour therapy and much more.
Expert speakers include Dr Matt Kearney, GP and NHS England Clinical director for Cardiovascular Disease Prevention, Professor Andrew Menzies-Gow, NHS England National Clinical Director for Respiratory, and Dr Nick Hopkinson, Medical Director of the British Lung Foundation.
All delivered from a bespoke virtual platform, with great visuals and interactive features – and all from the comfort and safety of your own home or practice setting.
This Professional Healthcare Conference is a must attend event for:
- Primary, community and integrated care healthcare professionals with an interest in respiratory care.
- HCPs who want to know more about the lessons learned from the COVID-19 pandemic and who want to improve best practice in primary and integrated clinical settings during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- All healthcare professionals with an interest in the latest thinking on greener healthcare and all those aiming to obtain high quality essential clinical updates.
Sessions on COVID-19 will cover:
- How to conduct respiratory annual reviews using virtual group consultations
- The impact of COVID-19 on the working environment
- Supporting mental health post COVID-19
- How to diagnose asthma and COPD without the usual diagnostic tests
- Care of the post COVID-patient
- The acutely unwell COVID-19 patient
- Rehabilitation and supporting behaviour change post COVID-19
- Oxygen therapy treating COVID-19
- Smoking – what nicotine use should we be supporting in the COVID-19 era?
Greener healthcare topics will discuss:
- How to deliver greener healthcare that is kinder to the environment – a panel discussion with PCRS Chair, Carol Stonham; Dr Richard Smith, Chair, UK Alliance on Climate Change; Matthew Sawyer, Director of environmental consultancy SEE Sustainability; Dr Alex Wilkinson, Respiratory Consultant Hertfordshire and Ishani Kar-Purkayastha, Consultant in Public Health, Public Health England.
- Switching inhalers safely – the right device for the right patient that is kinder to the environment
Event Title: PCRS Respiratory Conference: Date: 25-26 September 2020
Venue: Online – booking link below
Ticket price: From £50 for both days